Monday, February 07, 2005

Actress

With my ordinary looks, so commonplace,
a face guys hardly ever chase,
I feel so lonely, sullen and depressed;
an ordinary looking girl at best.
How I wish I was a beautiful actress,
ruling the hearts of many a guys.
Piercing their hearts with every move,
an anathema to their wives.
The outrageous beauty like nectar divine.
The alcoholic kiss, sweeter than wine.

This beautiful actress' body,
and its overbearing presence
shadow the real me,
conspicuous by absence.
I'm a walking, talking doll
measuring 36-28-36 .
I've a heart behind the body,
a mind within my head.
But they don't love the real me,
but my figure instead.
A double edged sword is my beauty.
In all its glory,
it enslaves the beholder,
and then smothers the holder.
How I wish I looked ordinary.
So the guys who loved me
did so for the person that I'm
and not for the nymph in me.

3 comments:

Kamlesh Acharya said...

nice one dude.. yeah ur excellence lies in poems.. the end n the sword comparison is amazing.

Alaap Cherry

Kamlesh Acharya said...

It depicts little of a prostitute image..... actresses choose their line to be glamouros & be alone.... prostitues are forced for what they do....

Abhijit

Kamlesh Acharya said...

inspired by Parveen Babee case ?

Lalit