Tuesday, January 10, 2006

An Ode to Failure

In success, others discover me.
In failure, I discover myself.

I party in success.
I introspect in failure.

When I succeed, I discover my limits.
When I fail, I stretch my limits.

I relax when I succeed.
I toil when I fail.

Success makes me happier.
Failure makes me tougher.

With success, I cross a milestone.
With failure, I build a stepping stone.

Success is sweet, when I simply succeed.
Success is sweeter, when I fail and succeed.

Success tests my boundaries of happiness.
Failure tests my limits of resilience.

I forget God in success.
I remember God in failure.

My success is my failure if it goes to my head.
My failure is my success if I learn from it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Liked your poem verymuch...
After a very long time I finallly read a simple one.. and did not have to strain my head!
I liked the simplicity and the complexity.

Good going!

Anonymous said...

Nice one.... Very true

Anonymous said...

Hey!

This one is very good.

Anonymous said...

Buddy…

This is the best one so far from you !!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kamlesh … I get so much from your poetry!

I wonder if everyone else that reads your poetry has the same “light bulb going on inside” reaction I get?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kamlesh,
This is a good one especially from my point of view as I have recently faced a minor setback if u cud call it.

Anonymous said...

OK, I loved the thought expressed and some of the comparison are really good - I just numbered the lines below - so let me tell u about them ..

1st and last couplet - really liked

Sweet/sweeter comparison is good!

happier/tougher contrast is bad!

overall. the flow in the poem is not great, but the feeling is good

Anonymous said...

jiyo mere laallll....last two lines me to wohi 'kamlesh touch' aa gaya hai....mast laga.....just too grrreatttt....keep going ahead.....take care

Anonymous said...

A brave person can only think of writing a poem in this situation and so you are.
If one door closes thousands open.

A small quote from my side:

If it turns out that my best wasn't good enough,
at least I won't look back and say that I was afraid to try; failure makes me work even harder.

Anonymous said...

Very good Kamlesh. I was somewhat depressed today, had a severe headache and mood off! These lines brought me smiles back.

Unknown said...

:)