Monday, March 31, 2008

Epiphany

One more inspired from "Conversations with God."
*********************************
I thought highly of goodness until
I realized it’s useless without badness.

I glorified the right until
I found it’s nothing without the wrong.

I hated the darkness,
but what is light without dark?

I hailed the spirit to live until
I saw the glory in death.

I adored the winners until
I found the honour in the ignominy of losers.

I eulogized the wise until I saw
my foolishness in ignoring the wisdom of fools.

I deplored the suffering around me
until I found in it a plan divine.

I scoffed at the unequal distribution of wealth,
until I realized we experience what we choose.

It saddens to see the withering of flower,
only to see it give way to the fruit.

It hurts to see the fruit go stale,
but only to enrich its mother - the soil.

The soil then nourishes the same tree
to complete the cycle of trinity.

What we call death is hence an enrichment,
taking life towards its own fulfillment

What should I condemn?
What then may I deplore?
For, in the coin of duality, good
is an obverse side of bad.

In celebrating life but not death
I have a crooked view of faith.
In hankering to win and hating to lose
I’ve, around my being, tightened a noose.

Enlightenment begins with acceptance of all,
in unbridled joy as you enthrall.
Epiphany is when you realize
that just when you think, you materialize
and then you go within and internalize,
in the deepest silence you visualize,
that you always knew
what there ever was to know,
that it’s not about learning the unknown,
but about remembering the forgotten.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kamlaesh,

Your literature is like a vanilla ice cream in hot summer.
It gives some freshness, in between hectic work schedule.
So please keep your good work going.
And keep sending such a beautiful literature.

Regards,
Munshi

Anonymous said...

Must say well expressed ... :)

Anonymous said...

Kamlesh. Whatever this was- prose poem or poetic narration- it made a
great read. I was surprised where u took the poem, given the
beginning. Liked the way you let the words lead you through the way,
i doubt if you yourself knew. And the ending, with the insight that
we know more than we understand, was fitting. Liked the imagery of
fruit and flower, and the way you personalised it.

Anonymous said...

Kya baat hai..
i thk i shld pay a weekly visit to ur blog !!
Lovin it..keep `em comin :)