Sunday, March 10, 2013

Feelings and words


In the ocean of feelings, words are the shores.
In the wind of emotions, words are the sails.
Feelings are the limitless vista, while words are our eyes.
Emotions make the universe while words form the skies.

In our attempt to name it, we limit it.
In our quest to define it, we kill it.
There is so much to feel that to verbalize
is to squeeze a whale in a parrot cage.

And yet we choose the limited over the unlimited,
we cling to the small and forsake the big.
We dethrone the whispers of the soul
and crown the din of the mind.

The same trait rules me one way or another,
to stitch the threads of emotions into a clothe of words.
So I must stay true to my call
and wrap soaring energy into verbal meat-balls.

Someday I will grow beyond this desire to express,
this quest to verbalize and my zest to prove a point.
Someday I will rise above to simply soak in the feelings,
to bathe in the stillness, and to whisper through silence. 

3 comments:

Anjali said...

Indeed....simply spellbound.

Madhumita said...

Wowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

'Bathe on stillness' and 'whisper in silence'........I simply love that bhai

Your use of words is so subtle and yet so powerful..... I just love that!!!!

Bless u,

Didi

Bridge Soul said...

very nice and very true...!!!