Thursday, September 04, 2014

The fork along the path

A long time ago, I went for
a walk to nowhere in particular.
In some time, I reached a fork.
One sign said ‘Accept’,
the other said ‘Deny’.
Since curious I was to check out,
I took the path of denial.
Then came another fork
with the same options;
and I repeated my choice.

Then came another, and another
And then many more
I took the same choice again,
and then even more.
First it was fun, this denial thing.
But then the path became darker
with every choice I made.
Every fork got darker,
but my choice
stayed the same.

Soon enough, the signs
were not needed.
I chose the darker
route by instinct.
Thereafter, even the
forks disappeared.
The darkness got darker
and became its own mother.
When it reached its nadir,
I became nocturnal.

I then saw many eyes
of my kind. Feeling at home
in the obscurity of night.
We denied ourselves
for so long that we
forgot who we are.
We rambled about
in the dark, tripping,
hurting, trampling,
cursing and loving it.

I wallowed in the filth
until I loved it no more.
I walked again without
direction or sight;
guided only by inner light.
Tripping, hurting, trampling,
blessing and loving it.
Soon I reached a hazy fork
where one path had
a faint ray of light. 

9 comments:

Dr. Ingalhalikar said...

Excellent ! Keep up writing . My blessings to you.

Jessica said...

Very nice with lots of inner meanings.

We need to always be wise and sometimes we may fail but looking at the inner light we will find the true light.

Purvi said...

wow Kamlesh! Fantastico!

Jaya Balchandani said...

Wow ... very deep

Rajeev Mehra said...

This is so deep. Brilliant!

Tushar Samant said...

Thanks Kamlesh for this inspired poem. This is THE truth of Humanity and its painful journey towards Light. So fortunate we are to have Guru ji & Guruma with us. Many galactic civilisations and our own people had to reach the nadir of darkness before returning to Light path. All this pain of reaching nadir and back to Light is shielded for us by the Gurukrupa of Guru ji and his teachings. This is just fitting on this Teacher's Day.
Kamlesh, looks like Shiva, the Universal Consciousness wants to express himself through you ! This has been the Shiv-Leela all the time !

Anil Singhal said...

Awesome Man

Vinita said...

Again, a very profound message conveyed in the simplest of words.

Random Thoughts said...

simple words does not always mean simple thoughts , this is a good example...

Last word if it changes to Hope , it gives a better rhyming per me .. just a thought and suggestion i thought of sharing