Thursday, November 20, 2014

The beginning of the end of mind

My thoughts are louder
than your words.
They float about randomly
not letting me
truly listen to you.

These noiseless noises,
are louder than
the whispers of life,
chirps of birds,
or fragrance of flowers.

They make me a
stationary vagabond,
worrying for the future,
hurting from the past,
whisking me away
from where 'I am'.

They suck life
out of life,
and create a pseudo world
much less potent
and lively than life
and then enslave me
in their fiction.

But now I know better
than to believe
in their fleeting illusions.
The mind knows that
its time is up
and is coming back
with a vengeance.

**
This poem was selected by Destiny Poets UK for the "Highly Commended" section for November 2014. http://www.destinypoets.co.uk/?page_id=107#comment-392755

6 comments:

Prem Nirmal said...

Dear Kamlesh,

Excellent poem.
Your creativity is very much appreciated.

James Bowden said...

Nice one, I enjoyed this.

Nitin said...

Nice.

Life is always beginning of a new end!

Louis Kasatkin said...

An engaging work that brings an unexpected lightness of touch to otherwise weighty subject matter. The line, ” and then enslave me in their fiction ” put me in mind of not entirely dissimilar work by Borges.

Ramesh Rai said...

A deep and poignant write.

Santosh Bakaya said...

These noiseless noises are louder than the whispers of life….found this line great! Beautifully and competently penned. Kudos.