Monday, November 22, 2004

Polemic

The sun is dying a contented death,
having seen her all day long.
The moon can't wait for the night vigil,
to save her from the earthly throng.

Here she comes from behind the opaque
in her ever so graceful gait.
To take her in my loving arms,
Oh God! I just can't wait.

My first sight on her and I knew,
I know her not from this life.
Astral partners we have been
in joy and in strife.

Her smile and her dimple,
Oh! so deep.
A cursory glance
and my heart skips a beat.

Her eyes meet mine
and weaken my heart's fortress,
she is and always will be,
my enchantress.

In the eternity of the preordained
where we all are just channels,
do we really have a choice?
Or are our choices already taken?
Did Einstein toil for intellect?
Did Freud struggle for thoughts?
What explains avarice of Midas?
So many sins unpardoned;
but for the treachery of Judas.
Why reason Hitler's quest for power?
Why judge my love for her?

Why the eternal love we bind
by the shallow comprehension of human mind?
Why see it from the pivot of mortal axes?
Is it not beyond religion,caste, race or sexes?

Not my fault - in every glimpse of her,
I'm reborn.
Not my fault - in her vanishing act,
I die a million death.
One glimpse of her, and
in the breeze of serenade,
the flag of my heart unfurls.
So where lies the crux?
We both are girls.

13 comments:

Kamlesh Acharya said...

good good kamlesh.....nice to read ur poem on totally diff lines.....n ya, once again u r back with ur 'spl kamlesh touch'......last 2 lines 've made us to go thru ur poem once again ......nice it was.....

Rajani Aunty

Kamlesh Acharya said...

There was a BANG at the end..and this was the one with a difference..

I really couldn’t get in to the stuff.. patta nahee thoda sa upper sey chala gaya.. second reading helped me get in..

Alaap

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Hey Kamlesh,

This was a fantastic one.

In Hindi Films, The line
"...Pyar koi dharm, Nyat ya Paise ka Mohtaj nahi hota..."
will now be replaced by
"...Pyar koi dharm, Nyat, Paise to kya, even Sex ka bhi Mohtaj nahi hota..."

Am I right?

As you said, only last line will disclose the message, I was trying to catch the suspense before the last line.

I stopped at the last line of the second last para...."Is it not beyond religion,caste, race or sexes? .." But then I ignored and carried on till last line..

A nice romantic piece from your heart.

I am very happy that I am No more your room-mate...Because, In the end, We both are .................... Boys.

Well done, keep it up.....

Sunil

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Your poem showcases incongruence at its best. It stealths the audience! nice try. let the horn of cornucopia flow...

Sanjay

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Kammo,

Well.. I liked it.. ;-)).. would have liked it more.. if u had continued.. ;-))))..

Sudhama

Kamlesh Acharya said...

It's called "cheating" though i understand ..and i also saw in some of ur poems that ur imagine about ur "dream girl" are pretty vivid and if it weren't that you also have to share your poems to your girl/boy friends you would have given much graphics ideas.

Anil

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Dude,

Really good one.
I know what you meant when you said there would be a surprise...or an anticlimax of sorts...

Poorvi

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Kammo

Tu aaj kal lesb poems bhi likhne laga hai
Newayz love doesn’t know boundaries
So itz ok….
U can just love neone….u can’t control this…..
Unless until u r harming neone I don’t think there is ne problem….
Haan if u express then wot will b the consequence that nobody knows.

Amrita

Kamlesh Acharya said...

too much man..

too good.... really nice one.. here is bouquet from me

<< Bouquet couldn't be uploaded in the comment. But it was really sweet ;-) -Kamlesh >>

Ritesh

Kavi said...

Kamlesh,

I must say I am really really impressed with this one, totally loved it , its sounds, its metaphors, its import and its 'twist-ed end'.

Yes, not only because of the unexpected Saki like twist at the end but till the end the poem just undraped itself like a silk sari falling off of a woman's sinuous body in anticipation of a moonlight revelry.

Keep it coming,

Chaitali said...

Hi
Well, im trying to give u a very unbiased review on this piece. The
language and flow is really good, and the best part of it is that for
a change u have used the language in such a way that it is sounding
good, at the same time it doesnt show as if uve gone out of your way
to use big or unusual words. And believe me, that should be the case
with all literary works. Language should never been given a greater
priority than the flow and idea of the work.

Zerleena said...

Haahahaa!! I love the last line….becoz throughout I was wondering where is this poem going?


And then kaboom!!!

Jessica said...

WTF :)