Tuesday, March 22, 2005

From Genesis to Denouement

Genesis in the foetal trance.
Bathing in the bliss of abundance.
Draped in the vulnerability of innocence.
In the present, the complete presence.
Unknowing, and yet the 'knower' of life's real essence.


Living through the vagaries of existence.
Surviving the aimless subsistence.
Fretting at the unwarranted concomittance.
Drowned in the vanity of flatulence.
Parochial brain doubting divine providence.
Tightwad man blocking nature's munificence.
Kinship - increasing from him, his own distance.
Scared of change - loving the inertial resistance.
Knowing, and yet, ignorant of life's real essence.


Staring at the impending obsolescence.
Looking at life in a penitent stance.
Retrospection in every glance.
Will I ever have another chance?
Knocking on the heavenly entrance.
Denouement in the astral trance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

The title and content of the poem is very rich. But I am sorry, it is full of very heavy words. And my limited vocab power did not allow me to enjoy it the way I wanted to. Every line, I had to open the dictionary for an avg 1.5 times.

A better idea would be to sit with you and enjoy this master-piece.

Sunil

Anonymous said...

Boy.. your poems are getting too complicated for me.. where the hell is my dictionary ???.. ;-)))..

Sudhama

Anonymous said...

It was an interesting read, I like the way you are subtely implying way human's live their lives e.g line with flatlence talks of fascination
with food - or scared of change- or doubting divine providence..etc..

one q ? all this words ending in "nce" ? that's not by chance , right?

Anil