Friday, February 26, 2010

Suicide

I burn myself every moment
in the fire of introspection.
I drown myself often
in the ocean of self-abnegation.

I hang myself sometimes with
insults whose memories I snooze.
I bury myself with my ego
through fights I choose to lose.

I butcher myself in the moments
I abstain from reacting.
I run into the wire when
I refrain from judging.

I slay myself in
moments of real observation.
I pulverize myself to dust
in a state of meditation.

I kill my old self everytime
I choose to refine
I commit hara-kiri whenever
I preempt my whine.

I mutate my parochial self
when I exercise charity.
I discard my old skin,
when I live out of spirituality.

Whenever I change myself for better,
my worse self commits suicide.
Humanity, in every moment,
executes a collective genocide.

We all kill ourselves in
our moments of transformation.
Shame - we recognize the only suicide,
to our eyes, which is visible.

6 comments:

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

Your email sent a chill down my spine in dread,
But this poem I must say is thought provoking indeed! :)

Letting themselves be a football of other people's opinions is the biggest mistake people often make... resulting in a lot of negative energy.

Lalit said...

hmm real good one! seems the outcome of self-agitation...

Anil Singhal said...

To me, all transformations are new creations! So, every such event where you think we are committing suicide I think - we are creating ourselves anew! So.. din't go down well :-( with my understanding..

Unknown said...

Blilliant bhaila!!!!:)...the fire to self introspect and go higher still burns bright eh:)

Sandy said...

transformation.. good one

Raj said...

very well written kamlesh, keep penning down like this .. may be a little more often. :)