Saturday, August 28, 2010

The moon and me

Scared as a child when I was
of the frightening dark,
the moon in the sky I was shown,
in my heart to create a spark
of a semblance of support
up in the distant sky.
That waned in my heart
the fear of the dark nearby.

In youthful love when I was,
in the wild years of adolescence,
the moon in the sky I was shown,
with beauty being its quintessence.
I likened my love to the moon,
wherein I searched for her face,
her lashes in the lunar shades
and her smile in its nightly grace.

The first heartbreak devastated me,
as the season of love altered its stance.
The moon in the sky I was shown,
pale it was even in resplendence.
Its light for me carried no hope,
as it lumbered through the clouds
in eternal state of remorse
even as I wrapped my soul in shrouds.

Lost in a desert I was for days,
hunger and thirst battered me bad.
The moon in the sky when shown itself,
water in its shine, I perceived.

The moon was the same at all times.
I always discerned it differently.
It was always about me and never the moon,
for it only reflected the inner me.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

yet another good piece of work. very nicely written poem. it touches somewhere and I liked it...!
Also it made up for the long gap since last post..

Anil Singhal said...

I like how at the end you say - its all your inner reflection..the moon way as it always was. Often, I see that is so true of any human we see. Friends/family anyone.

Kashif said...

Hey Kamlesh! Really surprised, I have read your other thoughts as well occasionally, but this one manages to impress me most. I can see a serious thinker in you :) that is really beautiful and so close to reality. Keep up the good work man!

Deepa said...

Brilliant!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful .. You should publish

Inner Soul said...

Beautiful lines..Absorbed the reader with themselves..

Slots Secrets said...

It is remarkable, the useful message

Maria said...

Very Good.