Friday, July 22, 2011

The slave that turned master

I once found a young one,
small, supple and docile. 
I fostered him in incubation 
to save him from the worldly guile.

We played a lot together.
It was fun, him with me. 
We got so used to each other, 
we became our mutual destiny.

As he grew, he changed form,
faithful and sturdy and strong.
He helped my tasks perform 
and scared the beasts that jungles throng. 

As if many lives woven in days,
he now mutated more rapidly. 
Daily, he revealed many facets:
the good, the bad and the ugly. 

He intrigued me and fascinated me,
he helped me and fed my dependence.
He entertained me and beguiled me,
he tricked and ruined my independence. 

He now danced at my fingertips,
like a puppet to a puppeteer.
But it was I for his keeps,
a pet that hid a monster. 

The beast was meant to serve me,
yet he managed to enslave me.
His mutations reflected my changing psychology,
this beast that I call ‘Technology’.

14 comments:

Mital said...

Nice poem on technology .... like it :-) :-)

Vishal Acharya said...

nice one kamlesh bhai. Its true we cant live even one day without technology.......

Mihir Vaidya said...

well articulated dost.. cheers

Artist.By.Chance said...

Interesting...and thoughtful. The million dollar question is - what do we want to do differently to get the control back?

Sahil said...

This is brilliant dude!!

Ram said...

Good one bhai…keep WRITING….

Gud luck!

Rajesh said...

Very true.

In fact now technology has become a status symbol.

A phone is no longer a phone until its iphone!

Sandy said...

very nice.. loved it!!

Amol said...

Good one!!

Technology takes your independence at your home, but the same serve your bread and butter at office
Techology connects you people who are distanced away from you, but distances loved ones who are close by

and on.....

Maria said...

Very lovely Kamlesh! I kept wondering what you were talking about till the end))

TS said...

Nice one.

YB said...

Cool!

Nasser said...

Very tasteful and interesting!!!

Unknown said...

tooo good Kamo!