Saturday, December 31, 2011

And there is nothing else


I'm the flower bearing the fragrance
and the fragrance that graces the air.
I'm the wind that carries it far
and the nose that smells it too.

I'm the eye that sees the stars
and the mind that guesses their shapes.
I'm the stars burning bright far away
and the space that separates them.

I'm the chicken that is hacked
and the butcher that hacks it.
I'm the act of butchering as well
and the one who eats it.

I'm the sound that your ear hears
and the source that creates it.
I'm the touch that the skin feels
and the hand that tingles it.
I'm the taste the tongue gets
and the food that melts with it.

I'm the love that unites all
and the fear that separates.
I'm the God you love to love
and the devil you love to fear.
I'm this and that and
everything in between.

I'm the best virtue
and the worst vice.
I'm the one you laud
and that which you loathe.
I'm the best form you see
and the formless unseen.
I'm bigger than the universe and
smaller than an atom.
I'm what I'm and what I'm not,
I'm it all.
I'm all there is,
and there is nothing else.

1 comment:

Seema said...

What can I say...I'm speechless!!