Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rainbow in Dubai

“The problem with Dubai is that
there are no rainbows,” I sighed.
“Then create your own,
I know you can,” she replied.
She gave me an insight
which was in my blind-spot.
I went looking for my rainbow
in Dubai - so humid and hot.

There are riches galore,
opulence knows no bound.
Burj is the crowning jewel
of luxury so unbound.
Built with labourers’ sweat
of colour a bright RED
In their exploitation,
the EARTH has bled.

I notice fragile relations,
and good scope for affair.
Where skin rules the roost
in fragrant touristy air.
In discos and in bars,
glamour shines ORANGE.
The WATER of life flows
in ways so strange.

The city has ambition
that is so palpable,
that it burns in its FIRE
anyone incapable.
With blazing passion,
it has built sky scrapers,
with all odds pulverized,
as smouldering YELLOW embers.

The city is blossoming
and in search of its heart.
Looking for its identity
through people and their art.
The desert city with hot WIND,
is trying hard to be GREEN.
An oasis of modernity
that wants to be seen.

Its actions speak
more than any word.
Focused on peace amidst
violent neighbouring herd.
Invites them all
like a lustrous glue,
with the attractions in its SPACE,
not a moment feels BLUE.

But then there are pockets
that I saw with my eyes,
that are so different
that it logic defies.
There are seekers,
in such wondrous flow,
they give me INSIGHT
and paint me INDIGO.

And then there are
CROWNing masters too,
found only if
your heart is true.
They help you rise and
get you out of closet.
Put you on the path and
bathe you in light VIOLET.

As I ended my search
of Dubai’s rainbow,
I felt blissful as
I found much more.
The colours of the rainbow match
those of chakras along my spine.
Why crib for a rainbow outside?
I found my very own within.

========
This is an esoteric poem which requires the below table to explain the significance of capitalized letters.

No.
Chakra English Name
Chakra Sanskrit Name
Associated Element or property
Associated Colour
1
Basic
Muladhara
Earth
Red
2
Sacral
Swadhishthana
Water
Orange
3
Solar Plexus
Manipura
Fire
Yellow
4
Heart
Anahata
Air
Green
5
Throat
Vishuddhi
Space
Blue
6
Third Eye
Agna
Intuitive Intelligence
Indigo
7
Crown
Sahasrara
Union
Violet

6 comments:

Sangeeta Suneja said...

What a stunningly beautiful poem, if divinity takes us in, it has all the colors of joy and happiness, all those which lie beyond the spectrum of mind. It is a wow poem! Kamlesh I am honored indeed, it is a heart warming gesture, when you dedicate this blessed poem of yours to me, I must say you have placed me on the highest pedestal of affection. God bless you, and the vision that gives you the insight to probe through all the colors reflected in the wonderful city of Dubai! <3

Sangeeta Suneja said...

What a stunningly beautiful poem, if divinity takes us in, it has all the colors of joy and happiness, all those which lie beyond the spectrum of mind. It is a wow poem! Kamlesh I am honored indeed, it is a heart warming gesture, when you dedicate this blessed poem of yours to me, I must say you have placed me on the highest pedestal of affection. God bless you, and the vision that gives you the insight to probe through all the colors reflected in the wonderful city of Dubai! <3

Dhruv said...

Bravo!

Amol Mankar said...

Great poem poet good one

Aarti said...

Kamlesh, what a poem. Wow amazing. No words baka. God bless you and your art :)

Jaya Chopra said...

Superb Kamlesh