Saturday, July 12, 2014

Madness filter

One day at a crowded station
as I waited for the local train,
through the crowd came a shriek
that pierced our busy brain.

“I hate you.
I love you.
I kill you.
I hate you.”

Every head turned to check
the source of the sharp noise.
The crowd split apart to reveal
a torn clothed man without poise.

We observed and ignored him,
gave space and let him be.
He blabbered what came to him
without a filter of propriety.

“Poor crazy fellow,” chuckled
the dapper man next to me.
We forgot him as the train arrived
in our hurried boarding spree.

Every commuter was lost
in his phone or her thought.
Every face, though silent without,
in an inner volcano, was caught.

There is a fine filter that masks
our emotions and projects peace.
It curbs our real thoughts and
creates a facade of pleasant face.

It’s the filter that separates us
from the ‘mad’ in our society.
Else, we’d be mouthing it all,
killing our purported sobriety. 

No comments: