Friday, August 27, 2004

I am ...

To experience the experience depicted in this poem is the 
aim of my life. I wrote this poem in anticipation of 
this eternal experience. I wrote this when I was eating, 
sleeping and drinking this experience. 
I just had to write it. 

************************ 
My heart stopped beating,
the lungs stopped breathing,
the breath stopped flowing. 
My body was as if dead. 
Yet I knew, I was never more alive, 
or closer to reality. 
My body was in suspended animation 
electrified by the cosmic current. 

My soul and cognition
broke free from the bodily cage,
and expanded their realms 
to the bliss of cosmic consciousness. 

Through the soil, 
I saw the roots. 
Through the trunk of trees, 
I discerned the fluids. 
Opaqueness was defunct, 
transparency ubiquitous. 

People on a distant land 
moved about my cosmic body,
even as an ant wandered on my 
now inert physical body. 

Joy, sorrow, anger, jealousy, lust, 
pleasure, pain - all merged into 
the perennial cosmic bliss. 
Cities, countries, oceans, 
earth, sun, galaxies 
were all within me. 

I was large enough to have the 
whole universe in my underbelly,
and yet small enough to be 
within an atom simultaneously. 

I heard the cosmic vibration 
"AUM" reverberating throughout 
the infinitude of the universe 
and within me all the same. 

My vision was all dimensional, all pervasive. 
My senses all perceptive. 

Past, present and future dissolved in me. 
I was beyond time. 
Here, there and in between were within me.
I was beyond space. 

There wasn't a twig that would 
break without my knowledge. 
There wasn't a mountain 
I couldn't move. 
There wasn't a creation 
I wasn't in. 
I was basking in the superether of 
omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence. 

"Samadhi" made me realize that God is 
bliss, beyond the boundaries of imagination. 
seductive, beyond the thought of comparison. 
I was now one with God. 
Rather, I was God. 
I am God. 

As I revoked my consciousness 
to the strangulating boundaries of physical cage, 
my breath started flowing, 
my lungs started breathing and 
my heart started beating. 
The ant was still foraging 
on my physical periphery. 

Out on a ramble 
I saw fellow human beings,
blissfully unaware of their real self. 
Their parochial view of self made  
them feel they're their profession,
anything and everything but God. 

I saluted the master magician, 
for having built "The Matrix" called earth. 
Hypnotized us all in the veil of delusion,
making us believe that the unreal is the real,
While the real is elusive and beyond the limits 
of comprehension of the dormant mind.

6 comments:

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Kammo bhai,

Yaar... frankly, I am in awe of you ...man !!!... I mean... you are writing like a true intelluctual...[ ur writings are so insightful .. I cudnt have even imagined such things much less write abt them] tell me... did u actually try this Samadhi thing ??!!.. I hope you are keeping all these peoms carefully...for publication one day... !!!

Sudhama

Kamlesh Acharya said...

This poem projects u r present phase very well.. go on dude!!
U r thinking is much beyond the average... way to go...

Alaap

Kamlesh Acharya said...

hey man...this is simply amazing..

really nice work indeed..

for a while I was like lost into it..

as if I could feel the depth you have gone into..

good man..keep it up..

Kamlesh Acharya said...

Wow Kamlesh,
that's a great poem. I figured out in the first paragraph that you were talking the realms of mediation and having seen the Matrix I can see the correlation.
It seems that you're amazing discovering depths within yourself ... but maybe you already knew them!

I'm going to have to read this again later and digest it more.
As I have said before, I think you have a real talent in poetry
Karen

Kamlesh Acharya said...

This one is good....very good....

Poorvi

Kamlesh Acharya said...

.its too wonderful....one needs to
apply his mind consciously to understand the depth of each n every word u've putforth....really, i feel that one has to surrender himself totally to GOD to give birth to such a beautiful poem....its not everyone's cup of tea...its only u, u n u !....thats it !...such poems r only impact of ur spiritual practice....ur total personality z reflected in this poem......

Rajani Aunty