Friday, August 27, 2004

The Moments that make Life

Souls at war
to fulfil their desire

A couple consummating.
The manifest from the unmanifest.

Birth - The death of reality.
The cosmic amnesia.

I - The kid.
Innocence personified.
Question mark on the brow.
No baggage of the past.
No worries of the future.
Just the present.
Mirth of the moment.
Euphoria for no reason.
Committing faux pass with the liberty
of impunity.
Stealing marbles; mom's rebuke.
First lessons in morality.

Teenage - Innocence lost.
Dilemma at the crossroads.

The first love.
The spring of life.
Her eyes looking deep into mine.
Heart stopping at her glance so divine.
Marooned in a different plane.
Glut of ecstasy, paucity of pain.
The outlook to life was never so positive.
Never thought that 'someone' could ever be so addictive.
The turning to roses of stones that life throws.
Forget friends, I then liked even my foes.

The heartbreak.
The loneliness in the crowd.
Her thoughts in loneliness.
Catapulting me to a different plane.
Forget ecstacy, glut of pain.
The roses of life becoming the thorns.
The easiest of tasks appearing like milestones.

The first paycheck.
The joy of accomplishment.
The end of dependence.
The start of interdependence.

Marriage - Life's solstice.
The solemn pledges of fidelity,
not just in action, but also in thought.
The promise of togetherness in
the life's battles, to be fought.

Pregnancy.
Seeing the unborn through her eyes.
Childish exuberance on her adult face,
I barely could surmise.

Parentage.
The first hug thereafter.
The eternal thanksgiving.
The bundle of joy.
The epitome of desirelessness,
on my two palms.
Two minutes of holding my baby and
forgetting my life without him.

Oldies.
No jealousy on seeing successful young men.
No desire on seeing nubile young women.

Deathbed - Introspection.
Everything material becoming immaterial.
Begging for a solitary chance.
Incapacitated of all but a contrite glance.

Doomsday - The death of amnesia.
The birth of reality.
The unmanifest from the manifest.

The astral wait.

Souls at war
to fulfil their desire.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a really beautiful piece of writing. And yes,I understood it from start to end.It took me some time to figure out what the beginning meant.But true to what you had said,once I got to the end of the poem,I understood the beginning also.

Do keep sending me more of such writings.I love reading them.

Anonymous said...

dude.. nice one.. good projection of the whole life cycle... we have many more phases to cross over haan..live long.. live well.. ..

just one thing... dont miss on the rhyme..

howz this title "Life - Voicing it's facets"

Anonymous said...

Acchi hai, It is indeed a complete one

Anonymous said...

Kamlesh,

Excellent you made my morning, in this humdrum of work pressures for the past 2 months.

Anonymous said...

Kamlesh,

I am confused...
Is it your writing ability or my reading ability getting matured and setting high and high standards day by day .... ?

Well, in any case, it is a win win situation for both of us...:-)

This is a master-piece.

I feel like sharing this with all, somewhat the same way, yesterday, Priti wanted you to see Senthel's son as if it is her own one.

Very well written.. Keep it up..

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear,

its really amazing..
arre yaar day by day your poems are really getting so much deep and full of thoughts..

awesome indeed..

keep it up.... I don't think I may dare to give title to this master piece ..still it can be "Journey of Life"..

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Undisputedly the best you wrote till now!
This is really really good.....

Thanks for sharing it :-)